Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) took a few jabs at the press during a Monday appearance on Fox News for its handling of coronavirus coverage.According to the Texas Republican U.S. Senator, the mainstream media were rooting for “disaster,” given they believe it would be a mark against President Donald Trump. Cruz cited an example of a tweet from The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler, who he challenged days earlier for questioning Trump’s remarks about unemployment at the State of the Union address last month. The press HATED that, three months ago, we had the lowest African-American & Hispanic unemployment ever recorded. Now that we’re in the midst of a global pandemic—which originated in Wuhan, not the Oval Office—too many in the press are giddy with glee. #RootForAmerica https://t.co/JGb5mgHanT — Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) April 5, 2020 “[Y]ou see the media — much of the mainstream media was trying to root for disaster,” Cruz said. “They’re rooting for this pandemic to be worse and worse. And you saw The Washington Post self-proclaimed fact-checker was cheering about a line from the State of the Union where the President said we had the lowest unemployment in 50 years. And The Washington Post was saying, ‘Well, that… Read full this story
- Most Vietnamese get news from social media, survey finds
- U.S. outgunned by extremists on social media battlefield
- White House hopefuls Cruz, Clinton hold early leads in Iowa contest
- 'Shield' law prompts soul-searching by news media
- Mainstream media should orient information on social networks: minister
- Don't spread panic about bird flu, WHO urges media
- Vietnam asks WHO to comment on 'false H1N1 pandemic'
- US transfers 5 patrol ships to Vietnam as maritime assistance: media
- Time Inc. sale highlights economic, political turmoil in media in the Trump era
- Journalists turn to social media
Ted Cruz: Mainstream Media Are ‘Rooting for This Pandemic to Be Worse and Worse’ have 315 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.