Instead of inviting Alec Baldwin’s Donald Trump to call into “Weekend Update” this week, SNL’s Colin Jost and Michael Che took the actual president to task for suggesting that injecting disinfectant could cure the coronavirus. “Well, you know when things are going well when #DontDrinkBleach is trending nationally after a president’s speech,” Jost began. “After a doctor said that coronavirus dies quickly in the sunlight, President Trump asked if they could bring the light inside the body. Though I’m pretty sure ‘bring the light inside the body’ is what they chanted at Jonestown before drinking poison.” Jost then added that experts are calling “President Clean’s” idea of injecting disinfectant a “stroke of genius… minus the ‘of genius’ part.” Trump ultimately tried to take back his comments by claiming he was just being sarcastic, “which is just what you say when you know you’ve said something terrible,” Che said. “Speaking of terrible, you know how when a kid has really bad parents, somebody steps in and they have to go live with another family, right?” Che asked. “Do you think it’s possible another country could come take custody of us maybe? I mean, like, just until our government gets back on… Read full this story
- That look of love: Scarlett Johansson beams at fiance Colin Jost at the SAG awards as the one year anniversary of their engagement creeps up
- 'I love you Eniko!': Kevin Hart squeezes in heartfelt message for wife during SNL sign-off... as Scarlett Johansson cozies up to beau Colin Jost
- Scarlett Johansson bounces back after being 'violently ill' as she makes a stunning show at the SAG Awards with fiance Colin Jost
- Scarlett Johansson's smitten fiance Colin Jost drives her home from Santa Barbara in red convertible after she fell 'violently ill'
- Opinion: Trump's trade cure is worse than the disease
- Trevor Noah Roasts Trump and Rudy Giuliani for Hiring Terrible ‘Criminal’ Lev Parnas
- Trump campaign says it won't grant press credentials to Bloomberg reporters
- Pelosi: Mexico should not worry about Trump
- Trump slams Bloomberg over comments on man who shot Texas gunman
- Trump says Bloomberg is 'wasting his money' on 2020 campaign
SNL’s Colin Jost and Michael Che Roast Trump’s ’Sarcastic’ Disinfectant Cure Nonsense have 374 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.