Almost anybody in Washington will tell you: No matter what happens, no matter where in the country, it all boils down to which party it helps, Republican or Democrat? It’s always and only about politics. But they’re dead wrong.Yes, politics is the dominant factor most of the time, but sometimes there are also events that transcend politics – and, in dealing with them, times when political leaders must put politics aside.The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster wasn’t about politics. Neither was Oklahoma City, or Sept. 11, or Sandy Hook. After each of those tragedies, the Congress and Presidents Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama put party differences aside in order to lead and unite the nation in grief and determination, moving forward.ADVERTISEMENTBut not Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpBiden says he raised M in March Rosie O’Donnell predicts Trump will ‘lose by a landslide’ in November Treasury Department releases .9 billion in payroll support for airlines MORE. The sad fact is that today, facing one of the most serious crises this nation has ever faced, Donald Trump has proven himself incapable of rising above partisan politics. He views the coronavirus pandemic the same way he saw the Mueller investigation and the impeachment trial: as… Read full this story
- Crude Trump video roils campaign, forces him out of WI event
- WATCH: Jindal Rips 'Narcissist' Trump, Calls His Campaign a 'Carnival Act'
- Donald Trump might not back GOP nominee, refuses to rule out independent run while candidates tussle at debate
- Donald Trump — two months into campaign — says he will explain tax, immigration policies 'probably during September'
- Cheap billionaire? Christie trumps Trump on charity
- Cruz campaign: It's not over
- FBI announcement on Clinton email pumps new life into Trump campaign
- On convention eve, Trump has 252 Michigan donors, Clinton has 16,000
- Presidential candidates hit NY campaign trail
- One Republican congressman's wild ride on the Trump train
Press: For Trump, it's just one more political campaign have 323 words, post on thehill.com at April 21, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.