(CNN)As people around the world rethink many aspects of their lives to combat the coronavirus pandemic, NASA experts say that knowledge and understanding of how to stay safe and healthy will help us prepare for landing on another planet. After all, NASA’s robotic explorers are already on Mars paving the way for future astronaut-led missions to the Red Planet — and those expeditions] will require a level of safety planning that would put a germophobe to shame. Astronauts don’t want to carry Earth bacteria to the surface of Mars because it could contaminate the environment, or even show up as a false positive of life on the planet. And they also have to be careful to quarantine any samples returned. It requires a level of care and caution we haven’t had to exercise in our daily lives — until now. Our eyes on Mars: How Curiosity sees the Red Planet During the Apollo program, astronauts were quarantined before and after moon landings for weeks in case they encountered pathogens on the lunar surface. Samples returned from the moon were treated with the same level of care as biohazards. Read More Now we know that the astronauts didn’t pick up any… Read full this story
- An Intrepid Explorer of Mars
- A Dust Storm Has Killed NASA’s Longest-Lived Mars Rover
- Dora The Explorer posters give first look at The Lost City Of Gold
- Explorer sets out to trace route of plastics that pollute world’s oceans
- Live like a D.C. local at the AKA White House
- World Health Organization admits another flu pandemic is 'inevitable'
- Brevard Schools prepares 6th graders to live and work on Mars
- World Health Organization: Devastating Flu Pandemic Is on the Way
- NASA reveals gigantic tank of megarocket that could take man to Mars
- Mars One project to put humans on the red planet quietly goes bankrupt
How a pandemic prepares us for exploring and living on Mars have 325 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.