To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: 15,182 in California, including 3,623 in the Bay Area. 337,620 cases in the U.S., with 9,643 deaths, including 89 in the Bay Area and 349 in California. The five other states with the highest death tolls are: New York with 4,159, New Jersey with 917, Michigan with 617, Louisiana with 477, and Washington state with 322. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. More than 1.2 million in the world with more than 69,000 deaths. More than 260,000 people have recovered. For detailed maps, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Breaking news developments from today: 11:42 p.m. Patients rush to join tests of drug made by Bay Area’s Gilead: Coronavirus patients around the world have been rushing to join studies of remdesivir, made by Gilead Sciences of Foster City, since the studies opened in hospitals in the last few… Read full this story
- Coronavirus isolation tactics are ramping up in the Bay Area. When does it end?
- Why the hold up with coronavirus testing in Bay Area? What you need to know
- Could Coronavirus lead to a buyers market in the Bay Area?
- Coronavirus Live Updates and Helpline: 43 Cases In India, Govt Releases Travel Advisory for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: SF bans events of 100 or more people, Contra Costa closes courthouses
- Coronavirus Live Updates: New York declares emergency, Tamil Nadu reports first case
- Coronavirus live updates: Fifth Houston-area case related to Egypt trip, officials say
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: 43 more patients test positive in UK taking total to 321
- Coronavirus: First UK patient dies after testing positive for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Emergency declared in Dallas County
Coronavirus live updates: Patients rush to join tests of drug made by Bay Area’s Gilead have 333 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.