Former Liverpool player Paul Ince said there would be uproar in Liverpool if the Reds don’t get a Premier League title due to the season being declared null. Liverpool, which has not won the title for 30 years, are two victories away from becoming champions; however, like most sports events across Europe, the English Premier League has been suspended due to the outbreak of the coronavirus and media reports say that the English Football Association (FA) may declare the 2019/2020 season void because it is unclear when it will be able to resume the season. Paul Ince, who spent two years at Anfield, said he believes everyone would lose out if the FA terminates the season altogether. “We have to complete the season whatever happens and, if that’s in May or June, you’re only talking nine games. Whether it’s behind closed doors or not, that’s for others to decide but there’s too much on the line for everybody, not just Liverpool”, the 52-year-old was quoted by The Mirror. Premier League clubs are due to meet on 10 April to decide whether to delay the resumption of the season, which has been suspended until 30 April. The UK government said that… Read full this story
- Liverpool beat Watford to extend unbeaten Premier League run to 34 games
- Guardiola expects more twist in Premier League title race
- De Bruyne vows Manchester City will 'keep fighting' for Premier League title
- Premier League player Power Rankings
- Top Premier League storylines: Week 10
- Liverpool 2 Watford 0: Reds survive scare as Mo Salah brace gets Liverpool over the line
- Analyzing the UCL draw for Premier League sides
- Who can Premier League clubs draw in the Champions League knockout rounds?
- Top Premier League storylines: Matchweek 17
- Premier League Preview: Southampton v. West Ham
Ex-Liverpool Player Predicts 'Uproar' if Reds are Denied Premier League Title Due to Coronavirus have 308 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.