PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Allegheny County Health Department has released new details about the coronavirus outbreak in Pennsylvania. There are currently no cases of the virus in our area, but local leaders are getting ready. RELATED STORIES: Local Doctors’ Offices Dealing With Increase In Concerned Calls Amid Coronavirus Outbreak Around The Table: Doctor Answers Questions About Coronavirus Pa. Gov. Tom Wolf: Mass Gatherings, Public Recreational Activities Discouraged Amid Coronavirus Outbreak Pittsburgh City Leaders Monitoring Coronavirus Outbreak Before Cancelling Other Events During a briefing on Thursday with Allegheny County, UPMC and AHN, testing for the virus was a major topic. Officials say there has been a bottleneck in the collection of specimens due to very strict requirements for testing, like have the availability of proper masks and gowns. Testing is not available on-demand. Dr. Kristtetn Mertz, a medical epidemiologist for ACHD, says those requirements were just recently relaxed, and officials should be able to begin testing more people. But that doesn’t mean they will test everyone who requests one. Health experts continue to push typical preventive methods. Individuals who need immediate medical attention should call 911 instead of driving to a hospital. “This virus, for most people, is a mild illness…. Read full this story
- Boeing official says Vietnam military drone deal almost done
- US patient with MERS is improving: health officials
- Florida officials say local Zika transmission 'likely'
- World health officials mobilise emergency plans against Zika threat
- New York doctor cured of Ebola: health officials
- Zika disease becomes endemic in Vietnam: health official
- Health official alerts potential human bird flu infections
- Zika virus 'scarier' than thought: US health officials
- VN to export pork to China, official says
- Stigma and discrimination complicate HIV/AIDS control efforts: health official
Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: Health Officials Says There Are Strict Requirements For Virus Testing have 297 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.