close Video California Rep.-elect Mike Garcia says win is a condemnation of Democrat policies Special election winner Mike Garcia joins ‘The Next Revolution’ after flipping his district from blue to red. As Republicans bask in the success of victories in two recent House special elections and seek to turn the wins into momentum to potentially take back the chamber in November, conservative groups are contributing to what is a historically diverse field of Republican House candidates, with record numbers of women and minorities running in 2020. To date, more than 180 minorities have filed to run for the House of Representatives as Republicans, according to The New York Times, and over 200 women have filed nationwide, according to the Rutgers Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP). The number of women in particular blows away past marks for the Republican Party, which saw 120 women file to run in 2018 and a previous record of 133 women run in 2010, per CAWP. Republicans have put a premium on recruiting women and minorities to run in the kind of suburban districts that Democrats dominated during the 2018 elections on their way to a House majority. Video TRUMP CLAIMS ‘BIG WIN’ AFTER TEXAS COURT RULES LACK OF CORONAVIRUS… Read full this story
- Baucus, now investigating IRS, urged IRS to target conservative groups in 2010
- Trump expected to name former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain to Federal Reserve: report
- House Foreign Affairs leader tells Omar to apologize for saying pro-Israel groups push foreign allegiance
- Botswana has 'significant elephant-poaching problem,' conservation group says
- Trump has lost ground on his strongest issue -- the economy
- Conservative group targets O'Rourke in new ad amid 2020 speculation
- Exclusive — House GOP Plans Sustained Effort to Expose Leftist Democrats on Abortion
- GOP congressional candidate says he was assured of operative's methods
- A conservative group alleges Ocasio-Cortez and her allies ran a PAC scam. But there's no evidence of wrongdoing.
- Conservative Group Launches Ads Linking Republicans To Elizabeth Warren
Conservative groups push diverse slate of GOP House candidates in effort to take back lost ground have 334 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.