(CNN)The United States is advising residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut not to travel domestically after the number of reported coronavirus deaths doubled to over 2,000 nationwide within two days. It took about a month from the first report of a coronavirus death on February 29 to the number reaching 1,000 on Thursday. By Saturday, the number of reported deaths had doubled to 2,000. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the travel advisory Saturday, urging residents of the three states to “refrain from nonessential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately.” The states would have “full discretion” on implementing the advisory, which exempts employees in critical fields. With more than 121,000 cases and 2,043 deaths nationwide, the three states make up more than half of the cases and nearly half of the deaths. President Donald Trump had contemplated issuing an enforceable quarantine for parts of those states, then later said it will not be necessary. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told CNN on Saturday that Trump’s suggestion of a two-week enforceable quarantine within the three states was not legal or plausible. Read More Tracking coronavirus cases in the US Patients wait for coronavirus testing outside Elmhurst… Read full this story
- PLUS releases time travel advisory for Christmas
- Chelsea Women decide against issuing fans travel advice for PSG trip despite problems ahead of first leg
- Adventure Travel, Close to Home—117-mile day-trip in a 76-mile Focus EV.
- Malaysian family of three travels 6,011 km in 16 days across Indo-china by kapchai and scooter
- Scarborough Athletic reveal supporters travel plans for New Year's Day derby
- Celebrating International Women’s Day With Free Hotel Amenities
- PLUS North-South Expressway travel time advisory
- PLUS Travel Time Advisory for Hari Raya Aidilfitri
- PLUS offers 50% toll rebates during Chinese New Year holidays; public urged to follow travel time advisory
- PLUS offering 30% Raya and Merdeka toll rebates, releases Travel Time Advisory to help traffic flow
CDC issues domestic travel advisory as coronavirus deaths double to over 2,000 within two days have 326 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.