Palette Tea House | Photo: Poy W./Yelp Palette Tea House | Photo: Poy W./Yelp Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Palette Tea House | Photo: Poy W./Yelp Palette Tea House | Photo: Poy W./Yelp Cantonese seafood and more: What’s trending on San Francisco’s food scene? 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Food trends come and go. So how can you tell which tastes are trending at this very moment? We took a data-driven look at the question, using Yelp and SafeGraph, a dataset of commercial points of interest and their visitor patterns, to deduce which restaurants have been getting a significant increase in attention this month. To find out who made the list, we first looked at San Francisco businesses on Yelp by category and counted how many reviews each received. Rather than compare them based on number of reviews alone, we calculated a percentage increase in reviews over the past month, and tracked businesses that consistently increased their volume of reviews to identify statistically significant outliers compared to past performance. Then we analyzed foot traffic data from SafeGraph to validate the trends. Read on to see which spots are sizzling hot, right now. One65… Read full this story
- San Francisco Food Trucks Win The Right To Keep On Truckin’
- San Francisco has lost 31,000 home-owning families in 10 years
- Police: Woman robs San Francisco store, bashes pursuer with lamp
- San Francisco's E-Cigarette Ban Aims to Goose the FDA
- Amazon opens its sixth cashier-free Go store, this time in San Francisco
- Give Where You LIve: San Francisco Bay Area food banks and pantries
- You Can't Hate San Francisco Unless You Love San Francisco
- Design your own 'space house' and more at technology events in San Francisco this week
- Winds whip San Francisco Bay Area: Where were the strongest gusts?
- San Francisco authorities dig for woman buried by landslide
Cantonese seafood and more: What's trending on San Francisco's food scene? have 318 words, post on www.sfgate.com at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.