Hong Kong (CNN)Xiong Qingzhen, a drone engineer in the central Chinese metropolis of Wuhan, spent more than two weeks in a makeshift hospital in February receiving treatment for Covid-19, the respiratory disease causing a global health crisis. Every morning and evening, the 38-year-old was handed a bag of brown soup — a traditional Chinese remedy blended from over 20 herbs, including ephedra, cinnamon twigs and licorice root. But unlike most patients around him, Xiong was skeptical of its efficacy and refused to drink it. “In my opinion, it is a sheer placebo,” said, Xiong, who was discharged in late February from the makeshift hospital run by TCM doctors where no Western medicine was provided, apart from medication for underlying conditions, such as high blood pressure. The “lung-clearing and detoxing soup,” as the herbal compound he was given is called, was part of the Chinese government’s push to use Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in the fight against the novel coronavirus outbreak. Read More As scientists race to find a cure and vaccine, China is increasingly turning to its traditional remedies. As of late last month, more than 85% of all coronavirus patients in China — about 60,000 people — had received… Read full this story
- The ‘Chinese solution’ to the world’s challenges
- At least five infected with HIV at Chinese traditional medicine hospital
- Layag Festival promotes traditional fishing methods
- Global institute for traditional Chinese medicine launched
- Miracle plants and other modern-day complementary medicine
- Tibet’s first football club aims at unity, struggles for Chinese players
- November is Traditional and Alternative Health Care Month
- This 84-Year-Old Won The Nobel Prize For Medicine Without A Medical Degree!
- Traditional and modern medicine can co-exist harmoniously
- Report: Chinese site may show Malaysian plane debris images
Beijing is promoting traditional medicine as a 'Chinese solution' to coronavirus. Not everyone is on board have 299 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.