As Seth Meyers put it Monday night, Democratic establishment pundits are “panicking” about Bernie Sanders’ dominance in the 2020 primary campaign. And no one is freaking out more than his NBC colleague Chris Matthews. Using “pundit math,” the Late Night host explained that instead of winning each of the first three contests, Sanders is actually losing. “That’s right,” he said, “by winning states, Bernie is actually losing ground. You see, as all expert pundits know, you don’t want to win the first two. That’s a rookie mistake wherein you come off as needy, or as the kids would say, thirsty.” But while even Sanders himself “bristled” at the suggestion that he was the frontrunner after Iowa and New Hampshire, it is undeniable after Nevada. After breaking down how Democratic strategist James Carville has been “spinning out on live TV” over Sanders’ success, Meyers said that “somehow that wasn’t even the most unhinged response to Bernie’s win.” This brought the host to Matthews, who over the weekend compared Sanders’ victory to the Nazi invasion of France during World War II. In turn, Meyers compared him to “your senile grandpa screaming into the phone on FaceTime.” “But somehow, this isn’t the most… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders Attacked By Boxing Speed Bag, Hilarious Video
- Bernie Sanders’ Heart Blockage One Of Most Common Afflictions In Men His Age
- Seth Meyers: 'Voters don’t want a self-appointed billionaire savior'
- Chris Hayes tells Seth Meyers how Tucker Carlson just gave him the best day of his life
- Seth Meyers Goes Off on Laura Ingraham for Smearing War Hero Alexander Vindman
- Bernie Sanders, 78, cancels all campaign events 'until further notice' after having two stents inserted in a blocked artery - before tweeting to say he's 'feeling good' and tout Medicare For All
- Seth Meyers’ ‘Lobby Baby’ Netflix Special Lets You Skip His Trump Jokes. You Shouldn’t!
- Seth Meyers Nails Sean Hannity’s ‘Lock Her Up’ Amnesia
- Netflix Will Let You Skip Trump Jokes in Seth Meyers' New Stand-up Special
- Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers Mock Trump for Making Up the Word 'Foistered': 'He Sounds Like Daffy Duck'
Seth Meyers Unloads on Chris Matthews for ‘Deranged’ Bernie Sanders Attacks have 369 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.