PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Monongahela Wharf is closed until further notice due to flooding.
The 700 parking spaces in the wharf will be out of use and commuters will need to find alternate parking.
The Pittsburgh Parking Authority is telling commuters that the First Avenue Garage and Second Avenue Plaza have available additional parking.
A flood advisory is in effect for the Ohio River until February 15th at 10:00 a.m.
The Mon Wharf is closed until further notice right now.
— Chris Hoffman (@NewsmanChris) February 11, 2020
The Ohio River is expected to rise above 18 feet, due to recent rainfall.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details
- Schools closed day after flooding shuts major highway
- Heavy rain causes floods, paralyzes Lebanon’s capital
- What's worth your time in the neighborhood San Franciscans love to hate — Fisherman's Wharf
- North of England floods: trapped shoppers allowed to leave mall
- Stately home famous for Colin Firth's Pride and Prejudice lake scene is evacuated as devastating flooding sweeps away huge swathes of the 600-year-old manor's 17-acre gardens
- Flood-damaged Davenport brewery opens after extended repairs
- Agonies of Rivers flood victims
- Bihar village struggles in flood aftermath with no relief in sight
- Woman dies as floods devastate Midlands and north of England
- Paris floods made almost twice as likely by climate change, say scientists