(CNN)The influential Culinary Union distributed a flier that says Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders would “End Culinary Healthcare” if elected president of the United States. The flier, obtained by CNN on Tuesday, outlines where the leading 2020 Democratic candidates stand on health care, immigration and “Good Jobs.” It singles out Sanders as the candidate who will end the union’s health care among the top six Democratic candidates, pointing to his “Medicare for All” plan. The release of the flier by the union, which is a force in Nevada politics, comes just a week and a half away from the Nevada caucuses. The organization says it represents 60,000 hotel and casino workers in Nevada and provides health insurance coverage for more than 130,000 people. Its organizing abilities have helped deliver the state for Democrats for years. The union has not endorsed a candidate in the 2020 election. Former Vice President Joe Biden, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Minnesota Amy Klobuchar and businessman Tom Steyer are expected to “Protect Culinary Healthcare,” according to the flier. All six candidates are proponents of lowering drug prices, the union notes. The Nevada Independent was first to report on the flier. CNN has reached out… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders Takes on Unjust Cash Bail System, but Still Doesn't Make Direct Connection to Institutional Racism
- Bernie Sanders' Criminal Reform Plans Are Catching Up With His Radical Economic Platform
- Jesse Watters on Warren's health care plan: She should say, 'Why don't we just have Mexico pay for it?'
- Bernie Sanders: US policy in Mideast can't be 'pro-Israel, pro-Israel, pro-Israel'
- A Point of View: Why Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders aren't as revolutionary as they appear
- Tow-truck driver abandons disabled Bernie Sanders supporter
- Health Care Reform Bills Contain $10 Billion UAW Health Care “Contribution”
- UAW Health Care Fund Would Fund UAW Health Care Fund
- Union-controlled Health Care VEBA a License to Steal?
- UAW Health Care VEBA: A Cautionary Tale
Culinary Union says Bernie Sanders would end its health care have 334 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.