(CNN)The influential Culinary Union distributed a flier that says Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders would “End Culinary Healthcare” if elected president of the United States. The flier, obtained by CNN on Tuesday, outlines where the leading 2020 Democratic candidates stand on health care, immigration and “Good Jobs.” It singles out Sanders as the candidate who will end the union’s health care among the top six Democratic candidates, pointing to his “Medicare for All” plan. The release of the flier by the union, which is a force in Nevada politics, comes just a week and a half away from the Nevada caucuses. The organization says it represents 60,000 hotel and casino workers in Nevada and provides health insurance coverage for more than 130,000 people. Its organizing abilities have helped deliver the state for Democrats for years. The union has not endorsed a candidate in the 2020 election. Former Vice President Joe Biden, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Minnesota Amy Klobuchar and businessman Tom Steyer are expected to “Protect Culinary Healthcare,” according to the flier. All six candidates are proponents of lowering drug prices, the union notes. The Nevada Independent was first to report on the flier. CNN has reached out… Read full this story
- Useful Idiots: Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders and the CARES Act
- Temp firms bear brunt of job losses, say last mile delivery, health care acting as cushion
- HCM City: Quality health care services offered for LGBT community
- ‘Painful Decision’: Pandemic Seals Bernie Sanders’ 2020 Fate
- Only 3 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Have Donated to Joe Biden's Campaign
- Bernie Sanders Says U.S. Has No Science-Based Reopening Policy: '50 States Going it Alone'
- How It Feels to Lose Bernie Sanders
- Bernie Sanders: American People Now Understand Healthcare Is Not a Job Benefit, It Is a Human Right’
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson Praises Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders For Work On Loan Shark Prevention Act
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders Team Up to Tout Green New Deal: 'We Need a Political Revolution'
Culinary Union says Bernie Sanders would end its health care have 342 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.