The return of the British blue passport could happen as early as March, which will “symbolise our national identity” has been regained.As formerly a member of the European Union, the United Kingdom’s passport covers had to be burgundy and bear the inscription “European Union” above “United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”. The first burgundy passports were issued in 1988, then bearing the brand “European Community”. The iconic British passports had been blue since the 1920s. Considered a hallmark of regaining British autonomy post-Brexit, deputy to the Secretary of State for the Home Department Brandon Lewis said the return of the blue passports will “symbolise our national identity”, according to comments reported in The New European. A Home Office spokesman said that whilst stock of the burgundy covers is still being used up, “we expect all new passports to be blue by the middle of the year”. “As well as using up the existing stock of burgundy passports, the printing presses all need to be tweaked to make blue covers, which needs to be done in stages, otherwise the printing process would grind to a halt,” he added. The New European, a fanatically pro-EU weekly newspaper, launched its own… Read full this story
- Nigel Farage's hopes of bringing back traditional navy blue British passports dashed as ministers say they have 'no plans' to change format - despite bearing the words 'European Union'
- Your ultimate Brexit guide – what it means for summer holidays, passports and Brits living abroad after tonight
- Brexit turns sea crossing into journey through dimensions
- Brexit finally arrives Friday: A momentous yet quiet moment
- Boris Johnson threatens No Deal Brexit if EU trade talks not sorted in just THREE months
- Home Secretary Sajid Javid will ‘launch a leadership contest’ if Theresa May’s Brexit deal collapses and the PM is forced out
- Looking at the 2019-20 Columbus Blue Jackets
- British Covid-19 patients discharged from Danang hospital
- Blues broadcaster ‘symptom free’ after self-quarantine
- NBCSN’s Hockey Happy Hour: Capitals vs. Blues
Brexit: Blue British Passports to Be Ready by March have 345 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.