WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department Correspondents’ Association says the State Department has denied a National Public Radio reporter a seat aboard Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s plane for an upcoming trip to Europe and Central Asia. The decision came a few days after Pompeo lashed out at another NPR reporter. The correspondents’ association said Monday the decision to remove NPR correspondent Michele Kelemen from Pompeo’s plane led it to conclude “the State Department is retaliating” against NPR. The group asked the State Department to reconsider and allow Kelemen to join Pompeo. ALSO Arts & EntertainmentPaul Farhi, The Washington PostEmails support NPR host amid Pompeo controversy The State Department declined to comment on the correspondents’ association request. In an interview Friday, Pompeo responded testily when NPR reporter Mary Louise Kelly asked him about Ukraine and, specifically, whether he defended or should have defended Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador in Kyiv whose ouster figured in President Donald Trump’s impeachment. Kelly said that after the NPR interview she was taken to Pompeo’s private living room, where he shouted at her “for about the same amount of time as the interview itself,” cursing repeatedly. Pompeo responded Saturday that Kelly had “lied” to… Read full this story
- 'Unacceptable Threat': Pompeo Discusses Iran With Netanyahu - State Dept
- State Dept Reportedly Released Military Aid to Ukraine Days Before Trump Green Lighted It
- Pompeo, De Mistura Discuss Need for Unhindered Aid Access in Syria - State Dept
- State Dept team investigating alleged atrocities against Rohingya as US weighs new sanctions
- State Dept Reportedly Kicks Off Another Hillary Clinton Email Probe, 130 Former Aides Targeted
- US Set to Work With Bulgaria on F-16 Project After Sale of 8 Fighter Jets - State Dept
- State Dept Reveals Details of Phone Talks Between Pompeo and Lavrov on Syria
- Pompeo Shared US Assessment of Oman Gulf Attacks With Iraq Prime Minister - State Dept
- Pompeo Grants Exception to Some US Sanctions Against Iran - State Dept.
- Trump to name State Dept. official John Sullivan as next ambassador to Russia
State Dept. apparently bars NPR reporter from Pompeo plane have 354 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.