On a recent visit to Los Angeles, former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg sat down with the Los Angeles Times editorial board to talk about polarized politics, electability and U.S. policy toward Iran, among other topics. Here is a transcript of the conversation, edited for clarity:Nick Goldberg, editor of the editoral pages: So, hello. Thanks for coming in.Pete Buttigieg: Thanks for having us over.Goldberg: Thanks for coming to El Segundo. You’re here with mostly members of the editorial board and the Opinion section. This is Norman Pearlstine, the editor of the paper. Other people are editorial writers. I’m Nick Goldberg. I’m the editorial page editor. We’re on the record. This meeting is for the purpose of helping us do our thinking as we decide whom to endorse in advance of the March 3 primary. And I guess, if you’d like to, you can give us a minute or so of an opening statement before we start to barrage you with our questions. Advertisement Buttigieg: Sounds good. Well, I won’t do that for too long, but thanks again for having me over. And let me simply say that I hope during the course of our conversation I can communicate, first,… Read full this story
- Pete Buttigieg Quotes Scripture to Shame Donald Trump for Cutting Food Stamps
- Fox News Hosts Blast Pete Buttigieg After Donald Trump Criticizes Network for Favorable Town Hall
- Pete Buttigieg on Trump's 'Foreign Dirt' Remark: 'Call the FBI. It's Not Complicated'
- Donald Trump Says 'It's Great' Seeing 2020 Candidate Pete Buttigieg on Stage With His Husband
- Pete Buttigieg: Donald Trump Chaos Making China More Attractive Than America
- Pete Buttigieg Says Gay Presidents Have Already Been Elected but Doesn't Know Which Ones: 'My Gaydar Doesn't Even Work That Well in the Present'
- Pete Buttigieg Nods as Pastor Says Mexican Illegal Aliens Just Reclaiming Stolen Land
- 2020: Pete Buttigieg: Abolish Electoral College
- Does Pete Buttigieg Have a Plausible Path to the Nomination?
- Fact Check: Pete Buttigieg Says Illegal Aliens ‘Subsidizing Everybody Else’
Q&A: Pete Buttigieg on the monumental task of cleaning up Trump’s mess have 353 words, post on www.latimes.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.