California is already one of the nation’s most liberal states, but a Bernie Sanders presidency would kick the state’s progressive tilt into overdrive. Still, in many policy areas, Californians would feel far less of an impact than residents of more conservative states. The Vermont senator’s call for a $15-an-hour minimum wage? California’s already moving there, with every worker slated to hit that mark by 2023. Legal status for Dreamers, undocumented young people brought into the U.S. as children? The state has moved to block all proposed deportation efforts. Banning for-profit prisons and ending cash bail? California already is working to do just that. But the wide-ranging plans Sanders has proposed during his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination go further and faster than those of virtually any other politician, inside or outside of California, which supporters call a major selling point. “Bernie Sanders is the only candidate Californians can trust to cancel all our student loan and medical debt, deliver the aggressive Green New Deal we need to avert the climate crisis and end homelessness in America,” said Anna Bahr, a state spokeswoman for the senator. About the story The Chronicle is examining what California would look like if the… Read full this story
- CNN Poll: Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders Tied in Nevada
- Bernie Sanders stands to fight against Big Pharma’s rising drug prices
- Bernie Sanders Announces New Thoughts On Iran Deal
- Hilarious video captures liberal college students praising Trump’s tax reform plan when told it’s from Bernie Sanders
- Deranged Bernie Sanders supporter attempts mass political executions of Republicans at softball game… has civil war begun?
- Socialist Bernie Sanders now pushing full-on government health care he once said would “bankrupt the nation”
- Fact-check of Bernie Sanders’ claims that Americans are in RUSH to adopt his single-payer system reveals they’re actually NOT
- 8 Ways Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton Are Surprisingly Similar
- Bernie Sanders: "Hillary Isn't Qualified To Be President"
- Russian hack narrative revealed to be elaborate media hoax… email leaks actually came from Bernie Sanders insider
President Bernie Sanders: Here’s what it would mean for California have 358 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.