More Americans chose to visit their local library rather than take a trip to the movies in 2019, according to a Gallup poll published Friday.Going to the library is still the most common cultural activity Americans partake in, the recent survey found. The article continued: The average 10.5 trips to the library U.S. adults report taking in 2019 exceeds their participation in eight other common leisure activities. Americans attend live music or theatrical events and visit national or historic parks roughly four times a year on average and visit museums and gambling casinos 2.5 times annually. Trips to amusement or theme parks (1.5) and zoos (.9) are the least common activities among this list. These data — collected in a Dec. 2-15, 2019 Gallup poll — are an update from a December 2001 survey. Though the overall rankings at the beginning of the millennium remain the same today, a small decrease has occurred in reported trips to the movie theater (down 1.3 average visits). However, in September the Pew Research Center found that “Roughly a quarter of U.S. adults (27%) say they haven’t read a book in whole or in part in the past year, whether in print, electronic or audio form.”… Read full this story
- CBS News Nation Tracker poll: Americans give Trump credit for good economy, mixed reviews on N.K.
- NFL-backed firm polled Americans on Colin Kaepernick, player protests in 2017: report
- Disney Cruise Line To Visit Bermuda In 2019
- Pope Francis to visit Romania in 2019, says PM Dancila
- 25 percent of Americans haven't visited iconic landmarks in their own cities, study finds
- Summer movies will offer an escape from reality
- In Cuba, the great American tourism boom goes bust
- Mutharika urges MEC not to exclude eligible voters in electoral roll for 2019 Malawi watershed polls
- Ab ki Baar phir se Modi Sarkar: BJP to win 318 seats in 2019 says Times Now poll
- Money politics may ruin 2019 polls—Mba
Poll: More Americans Chose Library Visits over Trips to the Movies in 2019 have 323 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.