Shows of royal fraternal unity have been rare enough in recent days, however, on Monday Prince William and Prince Harry united against their common enemy: the press. Royal press officers leapt into action—a mere 11 hours after it appeared online—to deny a story in the U.K. paper of record, The Times, alleging that Harry and Meghan took their momentous decision to quit the royal family after “two years” of being “bullied” and “told their place” by other senior royals, including Prince William. The Times was the clear target of the statement released this morning by Buckingham Palace, just hours before the brothers were due to gather with their father and grandmother for crunch talks at Sandringham. It said, on behalf of the brothers: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge. For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful.” The Times also reported in a second story, which is not apparently being contested, that the decision to quit was being driven by Meghan, who told… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle 'did not contact father for his 76th birthday', claims half-brother
- Meghan Markle gave Kate Middleton a Smythson notebook to 'break the ice' and 'cooed over 20-month-old Princess Charlotte' when the pair first met, new biography claims
- Harry and Meghan Markle got secretly engaged 'two months before they told the world'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle come across as a pair of self-pitying divas
- Meghan Markle fans upset over birthday blunder on ITV's Lorraine
- Meghan Markle’s HRH title stripped from biography on Royal website and only references the couple’s move to US
- Meghan Markle's birthday wish as she prepares to turn 39 amid book bombshell
- Meghan Markle criticized Kate Middleton’s royal wedding long before she met Harry
- Meghan Markle got 'frustrating' call from Palace after necklace got her into hot water
- Meghan Markle 'emboldened' Prince Harry - and he 'needed someone who broke the rules'
Palace Forced to Deny Bullying of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by Prince William and Kate Middleton have 365 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.