Harvey Weinstein answered eight questions from CNN via email, continuing a media campaign that also saw his defense attorney speak to the news network. Weinstein will go on trial next week for rape. A conviction could mean he’ll spend decades in prison, essentially meaning a life sentence for the 67-year-old movie mogul, who appears to be in poor health. “The past two years have been grueling and have presented me with a great opportunity for self-reflection,” Weinstein wrote. “I realize now that I was consumed with my work, my company and my drive for success. This caused me to neglect my family, my relationships and to lash out at the people around me. I have been in rehab since October 2017, and have been involved in a 12-step program and meditation. I have learned to give up my need for control.” Related Story Harvey Weinstein Attorney To CNN: “Wealth Of Evidence…Cases Don’t Rise To The Level Of Rape” More than 80 women have accused Weinstein of sexual abuse since stories about his conduct came to light in October 2017. He is charged with predatory sexual assault, a criminal sexual act, first-degree rape and third-degree rape. He has denied the allegations and… Read full this story
- Tina Fey’s Sitcom Predicted the Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- Harvey Weinstein To Remain In New York Prison After Judge Postpones Extradition Hearing
- Convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein is hit with a new accusation that he forced a woman to perform oral sex on him in a Manhattan nightclub in the mid-90s
- Sean Plunket resigns from BSA board after Harvey Weinstein tweet
- Prosecutor leading Harvey Weinstein rape probe in New York is replaced half a year after it started by lawyer who convicted Etan Patz's killer
- Harvey Weinstein accuser Ambra Gutierrez says some people use #MeToo 'in the wrong way'
- Big Tech comes under rapid fire from five US lawsuits, more probes underway
- Sam Nda-Isaiah’s death a big blow to media – Uzodimma
- Rose McGowan Was Offered $1 Million In Weinstein Hush Money – Report
- Nolte: Jeffrey Toobin Still Employed at CNN as Another Accusation Surfaces
Harvey Weinstein Speaks To CNN: Big Misconceptions About Him Come From Media Assumptions have 359 words, post on deadline.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.