close Video 28 people killed in Australia wildfires The death toll from the Australia bushfires climbs to at least 28 people, experts say the wildfires could threaten the global food supply; Anna Kooiman reports from Sydney. Officials in Australia on Thursday located a water tanker plane that crashed while fighting wildfires, killing three onboard, New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirmed, according to multiple reports. Rural Fire Service officials said earlier that helicopters were looking for the plane, that crashed in the Snowy Monaro region of New South Wales state, BBC reported. There were few other initial details about the plane or the search. Also Thursday, Canberra Airport closed because of nearby wildfires, and residents south of Australia’s capital were told to seek shelter. The blaze started Wednesday but strong winds and high temperatures caused conditions in Canberra to deteriorate. A second fire near the airport that started on Thursday morning is at the “watch and act” level. Firefighters battle the Morton Fire as it consumes a home near Bundanoon, New South Wales, Australia, Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020. (AP Photo (AP Photo/Noah Berger) “Arrivals and departures are affected due to aviation firefighting operations,” the airport authority said in a tweet. Another… Read full this story
- Four people dead after mid-air plane crash at Mangalore, north of Melbourne
- Warsaw Court: No Ground to Believe Kaczynski Plane Crash Caused by Blast
- Light plane crashes at Jacobs Well on Gold Coast, killing one man and injuring another
- All the unanswered questions one year on from Emiliano Sala's tragic plane crash death
- Military honours for US firefighters who died after plane crashed battling NSW fires
- Medical plane crashes in Philippines, killing all eight people aboard
- Sala plane crash ’caused by carbon monoxide leak and unlicenced pilot’s lack of training’, report shows
- Bella Thorne, Bella Hadid and Gregg Sulkin Reportedly Left Stranded at Airport After Their 'Plane Crashes into a Fence'
- 8 killed in small plane crash on take-off in Manila
- Poland Summons Russian Envoy Over Placards at Kaczynski Plane Crash Site
Australian crews find firefighting plane that crashed, 3 dead: reports have 347 words, post on www.foxnews.com at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.