Jaquiski Tartt didn’t play football at Davidson High School in Mobile, Ala., until his senior year. Basketball was his first love. But he decided to give football a chance partly at the encouragement of others, including Davidson’s star safety at the time. “We could use you,” Jimmie Ward recalls saying. Before long, Tartt and Ward were starting next to each other at safety for Davidson. Next Sunday, Tartt and Ward will start at safety for the 49ers in Super Bowl LIV. In the decade between, both were lightly recruited by Division I colleges, developed into early round NFL draft picks, landed with the same professional team and weathered injuries to stand on the cusp of their first Super Bowl. “I’m going to make a movie about it,” Ward said at his locker in Santa Clara last week. “I don’t know if it’s going to be on Netflix or actually a movie. But it needs to be a movie.” Consider: Ward’s wasn’t the only voice that influenced Tartt to finally go out for football. Super Bowl LIV 49ersBy Ron KroichickRichard Sherman’s fiery leadership inspires 49ers’ title run49ersBy Eric BranchCut three times on the cusp, 49ers’ lineman Mike Person…49ersBy Matt Kawahara49ers’ Kyle… Read full this story
- Homeschooling High School - What If Math Isn't Working?
- Calm Those Homeschool High School Jitters
- What If Homeschooling High School Isn't Working?
- Home School High School Math - Hitting the Wall
- Homeschooling High School - What to Do With a Voracious Reader
- Pro Football - Will Seahawks' Woeful 0-2 Start Leave Them Out of the Chase For the Super Bowl Title?
- NBC Sells Nearly All of the Time Slots For Ads Available During Next Year's Super Bowl
- Let's get loud! Jennifer Lopez and Shakira team up to bring the heat to Super Bowl halftime show
- Holiday Parties - Throwing the Perfect Super Bowl Bash
- How Can You Make Money Off of the Super Bowl Ticket Prices?
49ers safeties’ rare path from high school teammates to Super Bowl starters have 345 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 26, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.