Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg makes his first presidential campaign trip Wednesday in California, a state where few people support his White House run, many don’t know who he is and those who do think little of him. The 77-year-old billionaire publisher is going to try to change those impressions with an endorsement Wednesday from up-and-coming Stockton Mayor Michael Tubbs, an appearance with former Gov. Jerry Brown in San Francisco and $14 million of TV ads that are ready to saturate California’s airwaves through the rest of the year, The Chronicle has learned. Tubbs was ready to endorse California Sen. Kamala Harris until she dropped out of the race last week. He told The Chronicle that he’s endorsing Bloomberg, whom he has known for several years, because “top of mind, we have to beat Donald Trump and preserve democracy.” The two will appear together Wednesday morning in Stockton. Tubbs said he had concerns about Bloomberg’s support for stop-and-frisk police policies during his 12-year-tenure as New York mayor. Days before Bloomberg said he would seek the Democratic nomination last month, he publicly apologized at a Brooklyn church for his support of the policy that disproportionately affected African Americans and Latinos…. Read full this story
- Mike Bloomberg wins American Samoa — after spending $500 million on ads
- Mike Bloomberg Drops Presidential Bid; Finished 3rd In California Primary
- Mike Bloomberg Skips Al Sharpton Breakfast in South Carolina
- 'I'm in it to win it!' Mike Bloomberg REJECTS questions about yielding to Joe Biden – then dismisses Elizabeth Warren saying he didn't know she was still in the race
- Jerry Brown and Jeff Sessions Exchange Fiery Words Over Immigration
- Please bring back the old (pragmatic, centrist) Mike Bloomberg
- Jerry Brown proposes new online-only public college to help working adults succeed
- An Honest Conversation with a Real Progressive Who Supports Mike Bloomberg
- Newsom Derails Jerry Brown’s Pet High-Speed Rail Project
- Activist behind the #BlackPantherChallenge launches website slamming Mike Bloomberg as being a 'racist and sexist oligarch who is trying to buy the election'
Mike Bloomberg wins key backing in California and an event with Jerry Brown have 351 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.