Citadel Securities is sometimes dismissively referred to as “Citadel’s trading arm” — seen as a forgotten backwater of Ken Griffin’s hedge fund empire, where quants toil on complex algorithms to arbitrage tiny differences in stock prices or calculate bid-ask spreads for Treasuries. It’s much more than that. The market-making firm, which is actually separate from Griffin’s hedge fund, generated $3.5 billion of revenue last year — vastly outpacing nonbank peers and catching up with Wall Street rivals. Griffin, 51, earned about $870 million from his hedge fund in 2018, itself a stunning payday that funded a remarkable appetite for high-end real estate and philanthropy. Citadel Securities may be even more lucrative — with profit margins that he has previously said should exceed 30%. His wealth, long estimated at about $10.3 billion, based largely on his investments in, and ownership of, the hedge fund business, is $5.1 billion higher, according to new calculations by the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. That vaults him to No. 86 on the ranking of the world’s 500 richest people, up from No. 150 at the start of this week. Zia Ahmed, a Citadel spokesman, declined to comment on Griffin’s net worth. Eight years ago, Citadel Securities was… Read full this story
- Hedge Funds Have Never Been This Bullish On Fiverr International Ltd. (FVRR)
- Here’s What Hedge Funds Think About Essential Properties Realty Trust, Inc. (EPRT)
- Hedge Funds Are Dumping Mesa Laboratories, Inc. (MLAB)
- Here’s What Hedge Funds Think About Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK)
- Do Hedge Funds Love Pentair plc (PNR)?
- Is Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Going to Burn These Hedge Funds?
- Hedge Funds Are Buying AllianceBernstein Holding LP (AB)
- Is Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RARX) Going To Burn These Hedge Funds ?
- Is SM Energy Company (SM) Going To Burn These Hedge Funds ?
- Is Glu Mobile Inc. (GLUU) Going To Burn These Hedge Funds ?
Ken Griffin has another money machine to rival hedge fund have 321 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.