The Late Show with Stephen Colbert used its Halloween show to pillory the ongoing impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, remaking an animated clip called “It’s the Great Impeachment, Charlie Brown.” The video is a parody of “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” from Charles M. Schulz’s iconic comic strip Peanuts.In the video, Linus tells Charlie Brown that “soon the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch for all to see,” only to be told by Charlie Brown that the Great Pumpkin “is not coming [as] he has been impeached.” “What did the Great Pumpkin do?” asks Linus. “Remember that official phone call we listened in on?” Charlie replies. On #LSSC tonight: It’s the Great Pumpkin, Donald Trump. pic.twitter.com/TxRmbcNfnK — The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) November 1, 2019 The scene then switches Charlie and Linus listening in on Trump’s conversation with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, where they even play the famous trumpet noise the cartoon used for when adults are talking. However, they do hear audio of Trump saying “Ukraine” and “quid pro quo.” “Well if the Great Pumpkin has been impeached, who will take his place and rise out of the pumpkin patch?” asks Linus. “The Great Jar of White Mayo,” Charlie responds, which turns… Read full this story
- SXSW Unveils New Keynotes, Adds Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, ‘Little Fires Everywhere’, ‘Supernatural’ To Featured Speakes And Sessions
- Stephen Colbert Tackles (Golden) Global Crisis As ‘Late Show’ Rings In 2020
- Watch Anthony Scaramucci's Full Interview With Stephen Colbert: Firing Bannon, White Supremacy and Awkward 'Game of Thrones' Jokes
- The 12 Best Stories, From Stephen Colbert to Amy Schumer, in Judd Apatow’s Book
- Stephen Colbert Isn’t Buying Omarosa’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ Freakout
- Stephen Colbert on potential war in Iran: 'Worst throwback Thursday ever'
- Longtime ‘Conan’ Writer Brian Stack Is Headed to ‘Late Show with Stephen Colbert’
- Stephen Colbert struggles to keep up with Ruth Bader Ginsberg's workout
- Stephen Colbert urged to cancel speech for NSA-linked privacy firm RSA
- Stephen Colbert Will Host a Live Election Night Special on Showtime
Stephen Colbert Celebrates Halloween with ‘Great Impeachment, Charlie Brown’ have 359 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.