San Jose police were in a standoff Friday morning with a suspect inside a house near Oak Grove High School in San Jose, according to media reports. Gina Tepoorten, a San Jose police spokeswoman, said officers served a search warrant in the area of Eagles Lane and Tradewinds Avenue, but she would not confirm the standoff, which reportedly began around 5:30 p.m. Thursday when police surrounded a residence, NBC Bay Area reported. Authorities discovered an improvised explosive device on the school campus Tuesday, forcing an evacuation, but it’s unclear if the bomb and the standoff are related. “We are not releasing information that would jeopardize the integrity of the on-going investigation and will release additional information at a later time,” Tepoorten said. The area remained closed as of 7 a.m., but East Side Union High School District officials said a shelter-in-place order has been lifted and school will be in session Friday. Michael Cabanatuan is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: [email protected] Twitter: @ctuan Related Stories LocalBy Anna BaumanAll-clear issued after City College evacuates for bomb threatCrimeBy Josh Koehn34-hour San Jose police standoff ends with suspect in custodyCrimeBy Sarah RavaniSlaying suspect shot in police standoff in Monterey motelCrimeBy Hamed… Read full this story
- Massachusetts Is Home To The Most Sought-After High Schools In America, Report Says
- Police officer fatally shoots armed motorist during stop in San Jose
- Shooting Outside High School In Baltimore Reported
- Long Island High School Coach Suspended — For Scoring Too Many Points?
- Talent-Filled Football Team Determined To Bring Northeast High School First State Championship
- ‘He’s A Tough Cookie’: Meet DeLaSalle High School’s Jalen Travis
- High School Football Programs Look To Test Video Replay In New Jersey
- Friday's high school basketball, soccer results
- 4 teen girls hospitalized, 2 in ICU, after taking 'date rape drug' at Georgia school, report says
- San Jose Earthquakes sign 14-year-old keeper, youngest homegrown player in MLS history
Police standoff extends past 12 hours near high school in San Jose, reports say have 333 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.