PayPal is working to end their services for far-right YouTuber Stefan Molyneux, the internet personality behind such viral videos as “The Story of Your Enslavement,” “Take the Red Pill” and “The Flat Earth Conspiracy Debate.” The online payment platform confirmed the termination in a statement shared with Newsweek, writing that “After conducting an extensive review, PayPal has made the decision to discontinue our business relationship with Stefan Molyneux.”PayPal’s decision to remove Molyneux from their service is an injurious rebuke to the far-right personality, as much of his income has come from fan gifts, including recurring donations through PayPal.Many of Molyneux’s videos feature him simply looking into the camera and sharing his views. Views that have “grown more blatantly extreme and anti-Semitic” of late, according to Right Wing Watch. The self-described philosopher’s musings also caught the attention of Sleeping Giants, an activist organization that aims to convince advertisers to pull promotions from news outlets that promote bigoted ideologies.His show “Freedomain Radio” often features him discussing ideas that the alt-right has embraced such as white genocide conspiracy theories, the men’s rights movement and gun rights. The Canadian vlogger’s videos often feature sensationalist titles such as “The Truth about Canada’s Elections Part 1:… Read full this story
- To boldly go where no social media fan has gone before (and then post selfies about it)
- Report Probes Social Media's Threat to Democracy
- How social media, data mining, and new-fangled technology tipped the 2012 election
- Miss Netiquette’s guide to using social media when you’re trying to avoid someone
- What celebs get Social Media right?
- How social media created (and destroyed) Tila Tequila
- How social media has changed what it means to be a celebrity
- Instagram: The dictator’s choice! How social media lets us mingle with villains
- These corporate social media fails are so bad, they’ve had to issue mea culpas
- The doctor will see you now: How the Internet and social media are changing healthcare
PayPal To Cut Off Donations to Right-Wing YouTuber Stefan Molyneux Following Social Media Divestment Campaign have 344 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.