Photo: PRWeb Photo: PRWeb Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: PRWeb Orange County Awarded $20 Million Federal BUILD Grant to Reimagine Mobility in the Region 1 / 1 Back to Gallery US DOT Recognizes Lake Nona Application Among Exemplary Public-Private Partnerships in Significant Regional Mobility Planning ORLANDO, Fla. (PRWEB) November 13, 2019 Earlier this week, national leaders gathered in Lake Nona to announce the recipients of $900 million in federal BUILD grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Among the recipients, Orange County, Fla. was awarded a $20 million grant to create a robust Local Alternative Mobility Network (LAMN) in Tavistock Group’s Lake Nona community in the City of Orlando, accommodating and enabling new transportation solutions for metro Orlando’s fastest growing region. Specifically, the BUILD grant funding will go toward creating new and modifying existing infrastructure in Lake Nona, including multi-modal corridors with dedicated autonomous vehicle lanes, bicycle and pedestrian pathways, an integrated and multi-use mobility hub, and support for autonomous vehicles (AV), all designed to reduce automobile dependency. This is the first BUILD grant awarded to Central Florida. High Resolution Images for Download Available HERE Joined by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, U.S…. Read full this story
- After school shootings, Burlington County directs $20 million to school safety
- Orange County DEC Legacy of Action awards reception
- Orange County Fights Turning Blue. And the Resistance Is Formidable.
- ORANGE COUNTY PREPARATORY ACADEMY ANNOUNCES NEW PRINCIPAL
- Orange County Regional History Center opens Pulse exhibit
- “What’s Up Orange County” Hosted by Scott D. Stewart Launches 9th Season on KDOC Los Angeles
- How the Orange County Regional History Center is helping preserve the memories from the Pulse shooting
- Watermark's Most Remarkable People 2017: Pamela Schwartz, Orange County Regional History Center’s Chief Curator
- Iconic Pride flag flies from Orange County Admin building
- Given increasing costs, Placentia officials send notice they may want out of contract with Orange County Fire Authority
Orange County Awarded $20 Million Federal BUILD Grant to Reimagine Mobility in the Region have 325 words, post on www.chron.com at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.