(CNN)In August, a gunman went on a shooting spree in West Texas killing seven people and wounding 25 others. Now, a local hospital will be covering the unpaid charges of all 14 of the shooting victims it treated. Medical Center Health System (MCHS) in Odessa announced on Tuesday that its Ector County Hospital District’s board of directors approved absorbing all hospital charges for direct victims of the mass shooting. “The MCHS Board of Directors wanted to make sure that none of the victims experience any medical financial burdens from this horrible situation,” MCHS President and CEO Russell Tippin said in statement. The hospital will be covering the charges not covered by the victims’ insurance. Tippin said he wouldn’t be surprised if the amount surpasses $500,000. “MCHS is a partner with our community and we want the victims to know we care about them and pray for their continued recovery,” said Tippin. Read More On August 31, a gunman went on a shooting spree through the streets of West Texas. The suspect was pulled over by police in Midland when the rampage started. He then fled the scene in his vehicle shooting at random residents and motorists, police said. A US… Read full this story
- Lukashenko offers condolences over Christchurch mass shooting victims
- Will Proposed N. Carolina School Self-Defence Act Solve Issue of Mass Shootings?
- 'One of our darkest days': At least 49 killed in mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch
- At least 49 killed and 48 injured in mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch
- Book of condolence to open in Belfast for Christchurch mosque shooting victims
- First New Zealand mosque shooting victims laid to rest
- Columbine Largely Wrote Script for How Americans Think of Mass Shootings
- At least 49 killed and 20 seriously injured in mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch
- Man charged with distributing live stream of New Zealand mass shooting denied bail
- Armed gardaí patrol hospital as shooting victim is treated
Hospital picks up medical expenses for West Texas mass shooting victims have 344 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.