When 95-year-old Opal Hagerty showed up last week for her horse-drawn carriage ride in Temecula, she was nattily dressed in a fringed suede jacket and a cowboy hat. For much of the Escondido cowgirl’s life, horseback riding had been a hobby and a passion. But age and health issues forced Hagerty and her late husband, Donald Gale Hagerty, to sell their horses more than 20 years ago, so it had been decades since she even had the opportunity to pet a horse. So when she got the chance Friday to fulfill her bucket-list wish for one last ride, the widowed mother of three was determined to dress for the occasion, which came off without a hitch. “It was the most beautiful ride I ever had,” she said afterward. “I’ll remember it for the rest of whatever life I have left.”Hagerty is the latest recipient of the Dreams Do Come True program at Cypress Court Retirement Center in Escondido, where she has lived since 2011. Over the past five years, Cypress Court wellness director Judy Lucous has granted more than half a dozen residents’ wishes. Recipients, many of them in hospice care or disabled, have gone for bike rides, a hot-air… Read full this story
- SEE IT: 91-year-old man fulfills bucket list wish, smashes car through garage door
- The Queen braves a misty morning for a horse ride at Windsor Castle
- Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 50 things to do in Phoenix
- Ultimate Scottsdale, Arizona, bucket list: Top 25 things to do
- Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 15 things to do in Glendale
- New on DVD: 'The Bucket List'
- The bucket list vacation: These New England hotels can help you fulfill your final wishes
- Pacific Coast Highway, a gorgeous stretch of road along the central coast of California, is a bucket-list trip
- Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman connect in 'Bucket List'
- Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in the Southwest Valley
Cowgirl, 95, gets bucket-list wish for one last horse ride have 327 words, post on www.latimes.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.