LOS ANGELES — A small-batch box set of film, music and memorabilia will be released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of âMichael Jacksonâs This Is It,â the movie that captured Jacksonâs final concert rehearsals before his death.
Only 1,000 numbered copies will be made of the set that is available for presale at the Jackson online store and will be released on Dec. 11, Sony Music and the Jackson estate announced Friday.
Each will include four LPs on translucent-blue vinyl, a 3-D Blu-Ray disc of the film, a 60-page coffee table book and a ticket for a July 24, 2009 concert at O2 Arena in London that was never held because Jackson died 18 days before the shows was scheduled to begin.
The film, which had the highest global box office gross of any concert documentary, was released in theaters that October, the first of several posthumous projects the Jackson estate would produce.
It was culled from the rehearsal footage for what was to have been a comeback tour before Jacksonâs doctor after his doctor gave him a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
Itâs among the first Jackson projects announced since renewed allegations of child sexual abuse against the singer made in the Emmy-winning documentary âLeaving Neverland,â which Jacksonâs estate has repeatedly attacked and challenged in court.
- Prosecutors demand prison term of five to 10 years for Bill Cosby
- Belfast woman Bridget Maguire feels 10 years younger after recovering from debilitating illness
- Tyrone will continue blanking RTE as county prepares for its first All-Ireland final in 10 years
- Banks 10 years after the crisis…
- Our 'aggressive' tax system means workers pay more than 10 years ago
- Applications for disabled Blue Badge parking permits reach a 10-year high
- Iranian journalist who 'insulted' 9th century imam jailed for 10 years
- Jade Goody documentary to mark 10 years since reality TV star’s death
- The 10-year-old girl with no kidneys running the Cardiff 10K for charity
- 10 year old boy suffers serious head injuries after being hit by a car