Video PlayerClose BUCHAREST, Oct. 30 (Xinhua) — Romanian President Klaus Iohannis on Wednesday expressed concerns about the trade imbalance of agri-food products and encouraged farmers to change the current unfavorable situation by strengthening the absorption of European funds. “Without urgent strategic measures, we will not be able to balance the trade of agri-food products, which already has a deficit of… one billion euros,” said Iohannis at the opening of the Indagra International Fair, the largest and most important annual agricultural event in Romania taking place in Bucharest from Oct. 30 to Nov. 3. “We all know that the massive export of subsidized primary products does not yet mean modern agriculture,” said the president, pointing out that “the agricultural outcome requires time and good conditions of production, but also of capitalization.” The president said he wanted farmers to attract more European funds, with the support of the state. “Romania can make significant progress through better use of European funds for agriculture… Good harvests in recent years and direct payments support agriculture, but these still do not contribute enough to poverty reduction and depopulation of rural areas,” he said, adding that Romania can have an advanced, professionalized agriculture that will overcome the… Read full this story
- Hidden Valley® Food Products Co. Partners with Duke Brands to Bring Signature Ranch Flavor to the Fresh Section of Grocery
- U.S. trade deficit shrinks sharply; labor market tight
- Inter-state trade of agri-items on e-NAM platform gains momentum
- US trade deficit surges, hits all-time highs with China and EU
- US trade deficit surges during Trump's first year in office
- Canada's trade deficit narrows in October as both exports and imports rise
- China’s president offers US possible trade concessions
- Brexit: Farmers call for new law to guarantee food standards
- U.S. trade deficit narrows in October as imports, exports fall
- Morocco's trade deficit grows 3.1 pct in Oct.
Romanian president calls for efforts to balance trade deficit in agri-food products have 318 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 30, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.