ship Savitribai Phule, on deployment off the
, on Wednesday, rescued a
who had fallen overboard fishing vessel
, some 10 nautical miles off
Acting on a
received by the office of superintendent of police, coastal security police at Malpe and Coast Guard personnel, diverted ICGS Savitribai Phule to the area.
DIG S S Dasila, commander, Coast Guard, Karnataka, said the rescued fisherman is Goraya Rao, 33 from Odisha. The CSP authorities were informed that Rao had fallen overboard the fishing vessel that had sailed out from old Mangaluru port in the early hours of Wednesday. Rao was located some 10 nautical miles off Malpe light house and brought aboard the ship in an exhausted state. He was provided food and first-aid, Dasila said.
Rao had fallen overboard around 3am, Dasila said, adding the fisherman battled adverse sea conditions for more than 12 hours, till he was rescued around 4pm. The condition of the fisherman is reported to be stable, Dasila said, adding that he was brought to New Mangalore Port and handed over to CSP authorities. ICGS Savitribai Phule carried out the operation under very rough sea conditions with high waves and gales, Dasila said.
- Aliens of the deep: Russian fisherman shows off collection of weird fish dragged from the depths in the nets of his trawler
- Two rescued, one still missing after boat sinks in Myakka River, FWC says
- Next Wave in Rescues: Remote-control Lifeguards
- Drones may one day save your life: European responders to use drones for rescue missions
- Woman, Toddler Rescued from Swift Rio Grande Border River
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Side Ops – Intel Operative Rescue
- ‘BioShock Infinite’ CG Trailer: Booker vs. The Handyman
- Flame Over tasks players with rescuing workers and cats before being consumed by fire
- ‘Shadow of Mordor’ CG Trailer Welcomes The ‘Gravewalker’
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter gets CG trailer