JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — President Donald Trump has endorsed Missouri Gov. Mike Parson’s campaign to keep his seat.
Trump on Tuesday tweeted support for the Republican Missouri governor’s 2020 bid. Trump says Parson is “very Popular, Strong, and knows what he is doing.”
Parson faces a challenge from Democratic Auditor Nicole Galloway . She’s billing herself as an independent check on Jefferson City through her role as state auditor. But the Democrat faces an uphill battle in a red-leaning state where voters elected Trump by nearly 19 percentage points in 2016.
Voters didn’t elect Parson governor. Instead, he was elected lieutenant governor in 2016 and then took over as the state’s top executive in 2018 after former GOP Gov. Eric Greitens resigned in the face of potential impeachment.
- Why Trump’s Culture War Lost the Suburbs — But Held the Senate
- Midterm Elections Live Results: Democrats Have Flipped The House And Republicans Will Keep The Senate
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Elizabeth Warren takes aim at Mike Bloomberg's billions
- An Hour-By-Hour Guide For Normal People Watching Tonight's Election
- Marijuana Midterms: What to Watch on Election Day
- ‘It’s like the third world’: tribe feels forgotten as flooding brings misery to a struggling community
- 'I'm a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother': George W Bush leads tributes as former First Lady dies aged 92, two days after stopping medical treatment with her husband of 73 years by her side until the very end
- Democrats Were Never Going To Win The Senate
- The Wave Of Abortion Laws Has Renewed The Push To Unseat One Of The Last Anti-Abortion Democrats In Congress
- These Are The Biggest Campaign Ad Fails Of The Midterms