Cydney Henderson USA TODAY
Published 12:10 AM EDT Sep 11, 2019
Serena Williams may not have won the U.S. Open over the weekend, but the tennis star did win New York Fashion Week, with her daughter by her side.
Two-year-old Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. made her runway debut in her mother’s arms Tuesday, dressed in a black shirt, colorful Nike sneakers and an adorable high ponytail.
The mother-daughter duo strutted down the catwalk following Williams’ presentation of her S by Serena collection created to celebrate “women who turn fear into courage and doubt into confidence.”
“It’s really important for me to be all-inclusive. I really love the word inclusivity and not exclusivity — I think that’s just better,” she told Glamour backstage. “I think it’s so important for everyone to feel like they can see an outfit and think, ‘Oh, that looks like me and I feel good in it.’ It doesn’t matter what color they are.”
More: Duchess Meghan turns up at U.S. Open to watch pal Serena Williams play
Williams’ star-studded fashion show included celebrity guests Kim Kardashian West, La La Anthony, Ashley Graham, Dascha Polanco and husband Alexis Ohanian.
Just like mom: Serena Williams’ 1-year-old daughter is a natural with a tennis racket
See our full coverage of entertainment news
- Em Rata turns heads at New York Fashion Week in her sassy attire
- Sofia Richie resembles new BFF Kylie Jenner as she sports a VERY plump pout at New York Fashion Week event
- NYFW photos: Extreme bikini takes over New York Fashion Week runway
- New York Fashion Week 2019: Kim Kardashian dazzles in sheer tank as Rihanna debuts Savage x Fenty in top-secret runway
- Priyanka Chopra Sizzles at New York Fashion Week in Black Plunging Neckline, Ab-flashing Dress
- Priyanka Chopra puts on a VERY animated display with her mother Madhu as she supports BFF Serena Williams' WIN at the US Open
- Hopman Cup: Serena Williams wins opener after coffee and bagel
- Kenya's Jepkosgei and Kamworor win New York City Marathon
- Khloe Kardashian reveals Fashion Week will be 'a family affair'
- NY Fashion Week: Serena serves up cuts, designs for all!