August 13, 2019 By Matt Kelley Senator Chuck Grassley Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley says congressional oversight is needed following the apparent weekend suicide of financier Jeffrey Epstein in a federal jail in New York City. Epstein was awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges and reportedly hanged himself Saturday in his cell. Grassley says an investigation is warranted as it appears mistakes were made in how Epstein was being watched. Grassley says, “I think it would be to make sure that the Bureau of Prisons, which has a terrible record of management, we make sure that the taxpayers’ money is being spent wisely.” Grassley says there needs to be strong leadership from the top down, something that’s lacking in this particular division. Epstein had ties to both President Donald Trump and former President Clinton, as well as to British royalty. Social media is aflame with conspiracy theories about Epstein’s death and who may’ve actually been responsible. Grassley, a Republican, says he doesn’t believe in conspiracy theories and is only interested in righting potential wrongs in the prison system, not delving into Epstein’s past and who knew who. “Maybe they weren’t bad when they knew him, maybe they were bad, maybe they… Read full this story
- Too many prisoners jailed unnecessarily, says review head
- James Cameron says "people need to wake the fuck up" about climate change
- Nottingham Prison in 'dangerous state' says chief inspector of prisons
- 'Lock him up!' chants Bernie Sanders' crowd as Ilhan Omar makes pitch for the Vermont senator by saying they've both had to 'survive Washington'
- Donald Trump alienates Republican senators – just when he needs them most
- UK companies need more women on executive committees, says review
- Yuvraj Singh says 'definite need' for better national selectors
- Australia's Chief of Army says ADF needs to plan to help the region with effects of climate change
- Yuvraj Singh Slams MSK Prasad-Led Selection Committee, Says 'Definite Need' For Better National Selectors
- Yuvraj slams the selection panel, says "definite need" for better national selectors
Senator Grassley says review needed for Bureau of Prisons have 349 words, post on www.radioiowa.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.