One man is dead after a three-car collision Saturday morning on Balfour Road in Brentwood.
Around 8:50 a.m. Saturday, California Highway Patrol officers responded to a collision involving three vehicles on Balfour Road near American Avenue.
The driver of a Nissan Altima was driving eastbound on Balfour, and tried to pass a Mini Cooper by crossing double, solid yellow lines into the opposite lane. While trying to overtake the Mini Cooper, the Nissan struck a white Toyota minivan going westbound head-on, according to a Facebook post by the CHP in Contra Costa County.
The driver of the Nissan was pronounced dead on scene and the driver of the minivan was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. The driver of the Mini Cooper, whose car was clipped by the Nissan, was unharmed.
Authorities are investigating whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
Check back for updates.
- Fatal collision with two commercial trucks closes westbound I-10 near Marana
- Caixa Eletronica killed in accident at Belmont Park on Saturday morning
- Woman found shot dead in Jackson Saturday
- Queens man shot to death in Howard Beach; Cops chase leads in Saturday morning hit
- Ivins man killed in truck crash Saturday morning
- Paterson schools launching Saturday morning academic program
- U.N. inspectors to leave Syria by Saturday morning to report on chemical weapons findings: chief
- Dover police investigate Saturday-morning shooting
- Woman struck, killed by a No. 3 subway train in Harlem Saturday morning
- Pilot reports of drone sightings more than double number from last year, FAA fears fatal collisions