ROME — RAI state TV says seven people have been injured when a section of overhead monorail at an Italian amusement park crashed to the ground.
None of the injured, including two children, suffered critical injuries.
The accident occurred Sunday at Movieland, one of several attractions at Canevaworld amusement park in Lazise, a town on the shores of Lake Garda.
Police were investigating the cause.
After the accident, a stretch of twisted rail, with rail cars tipped to the side, lay on the ground.
- Mother and son seriously injured in Napa amusement park accident
- Boy injured in amusement park ‘doing well’
- Works to Hastings amusement park finally approved
- Sun man treats his gran to a day out at Margate’s revamped Dreamland amusement park
- What happened in Suffolk this week? There’s a snake coming to a local amusement park
- Lodge Park back on track as Nolan bags four
- Egerton Park batsmen fall short in County League chases
- Indonesian Park Covers Naked Mermaid Statues With Tops to Honour ‘Eastern Norms’
- 'Our confrontation on Orchard Park shows why police are vital'
- Imam awarded OBE for heroic response to Finsbury Park mosque terror attack