Syracuse, N.Y. — Get ready to sweat a little if you plan to hit the New York State Fair next week: It could feel like 90 degrees on opening day.The high temperature on Aug. 21 is expected to be 85 degrees, according to the Weather Prediction Center, the mid-range forecasting arm of the National Weather Service. The normal high in Syracuse for the date is 80 degrees. With high humidity, the air could feel like 90 degrees, the weather center said. The heat could linger after opening day, too.“At least the first couple of days look to be warmer than normal,” said Paul Walker, a meteorologist with Accuweather. “We’re expecting highs of 83, but they could be as high as 85 or 86.”High temperatures and humidity are a couple of ingredients necessary for thunderstorms, although Walker said it’s too early to predict whether opening day will be wet.“Warmer-than-normal temperatures would certainly allow for the possibility of pop-up thunderstorms at least the first few days of the fair,” he said.Last year’s fair started on the cool side, with high of 75 degrees on opening day. Temperatures climbed steadily over the next few days, though, and soared over 90 degrees for a… Read full this story
- MLB 'has no plans to postpone Opening Day' as Japan delays its baseball season for the first time since 2011 amid coronavirus outbreak
- Akshay Kumar's Kesari FIRST DAY (Opening Day) Box Office Collection Report!
- Coronavirus Update: MLB Cancels Spring Training, A’s, Giants’ Opening Day Pushed Back
- Coronavirus Update: NY State Of Emergency Declared As Number Of Cases Soars
- Dodgers' Kershaw to start opening day for 9th time
- Undocumented Immigrants Can Now Get Driver’s Licenses In NY State
- Mets' Michael Conforto questionable for Opening Day after suffering oblique injury
- State Fair Unveils Unusual Fare, Food Crawl For Fair Foodies
- Report: Philadelphia Phillies Outfielder Andrew McCutchen Won’t Be Ready For Opening Day
- Champion Hurdle: Preview of Cheltenham Festival's opening day highlight
Get ready to sweat on NY State Fair opening day have 335 words, post on www.syracuse.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.