Delaware Online digital desk Published 4:30 PM EDT Aug 16, 2019 It’s been a busy week, with a shooting in Philadelphia, debates over dogs in restaurants, and investigations. Here are some of our top stories from the week. Philadelphia officials call for more gun control after shooting Gun violence took a victim Wednesday in the streets of Philadelphia, but only the mass shooting made national news. The other was deemed just another occurrence in the City of Brotherly Love, the mayor said. Read the story: Inside the Philly cop shootings Read the story: Police shot in Philadelphia: Officials give updates, call for gun control after ‘absolutely unnerving’ scene More coverage: Philadelphia police shooting: Radio traffic gives inside picture of standoff scene Reminders of standoff and officers’ shooting linger on Thursday When City Council rejected grants, its president gave them out herself A week after her colleagues voted to deny granting $5,000 each to 16 Wilmington organizations, City Council President Hanifa Shabazz gave out nearly the same amount of funds anyway. Read the story: After Wilmington council rejected $5,000 grants, Shabazz gave out $4,900 instead Planting oysters: Delaware’s new farmland is underwater Delaware’s oyster industry, under pressure from disease and overfishing, collapsed…. Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: State agents seize respirators, surgical masks in Alameda County raids
- Coronavirus live updates: Santa Clara County demands reporting of protective supply inventories
- Coronavirus live updates: Rep. Speier asks Trump for ‘immediate intervention’ for cruise ship passengers
- Will ‘Trolls World Tour’ Profit Off Universal’s Experimental VOD (& Drive-In Theater) Model?
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU numbers continue to decline slowly
- Coronavirus live updates: Sonoma County orders people to wear face coverings in public
- Coronavirus live updates: San Mateo County has 699 known cases. Its health officer thinks at least 15,000 are infected
- Coronavirus live updates: Model shows California deaths peaking Sunday
- Coronavirus live updates: IMF forecasts worst global economy since the Great Depression
- Coronavirus live updates: Judge orders medically vulnerable Oakland man released from immigration facility
Delaware Online week in review: Top stories have 340 words, post on eu.delawareonline.com at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.