A 20-year-old woman has died days after a mishap at Gooseberry Falls State Park, her family announced in a CaringBridge post.
Rebecca Nara fell approximately 20 to 30 feet at the lower falls of the popular North Shore attraction on Saturday, according to the website and a release from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. She was airlifted to Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth.
Her death was announced Wednesday on CaringBridge.
“She peacefully went while surrounded by friends and family,” the post states. “While this is truly a tragedy, it has saved her family from having to give the order to transition her to comfort care. Rebecca was a registered organ donor with healthy organs to pass on to others in need. Medical professionals said that her gifts will mean new lives for as many as 40 people. We are all very thankful for the prayers and support during this difficult time.”
- Woman dies after her husband 'uses a MORTAR BOMB as a sex aid' after they'd been drinking
- Hanoi official dies after falling from 27th floor
- Boy, 3, dies after falling into giant vat of scalding hot CURRY in India
- Woman trying to cross Alaska glacier dies in fall
- 'It Was Just Dead Brain Tissue': Seattle Woman Dies from Extremely Unusual Infection
- 16-year-old dies after falling from balcony of Royal Caribbean cruise ship
- 1-year-old daughter of Indiana police officer dies after falling off cruise ship in Puerto Rico: Officials
- Woman dies after plunging from student halls of residence tower block
- FBI investigating after American woman dies on cruise ship en route to Aruba
- Mom charged after child dies in fall from airport escalator