This could be a cat-astrophe! Larry the Cat, the “Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office” who has lived at 10 Downing Street for eight years, could soon get the boot — as new UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson wants to get a dog. During an address to staff, the Tory leader announced this week that he would like to get a pooch in what was perhaps a warning signal to the brown and white cat. While staffers responded with a resounding “yes” to the plan, Larry appeared to be less enthused about the new roommate. On his unofficial Twitter account, the tabby replied to the news, tweeting “HELL NO.” Johnson is in the process of moving into the historic building, where a moving van was spotted Thursday, and expected to make it home by the end of next week, The Sun reported. Larry — who has become a political fixture and celebrity in his own right — outlasted two prime ministers, David Cameron and Theresa May, after moving to the residence in 2011. Downing Street’s official site said Larry was recruited to his cabinet position from Battersea Dogs & Cats Home on recommendation due to his mouse-catching skills. His responsibilities… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson’s betrayal will leave the DUP with one option – to back remain
- Matt Hancock backs Boris Johnson in Tory leadership race
- A Question About Brexit: Does 10 Downing Street Get to Keep Larry the Cat?
- Boris Johnson Was The Worst Car Writer Of All Time
- Larry the Cat Gets to Stay at 10 Downing Street
- Boris Johnson’s cynical ‘sin-tax’ freeze is a glimpse of what’s to come
- 'Sin taxes': Boris Johnson vows to review sugar levy
- Literal Government Fat Cats Get in Fur-Flying Fight at 10 Downing Street
- Boris Johnson's Brexit victory speech uploaded to Pornhub with X-rated title
- You can now take a walk through 10 Downing Street with Google
Will Boris Johnson evict Larry the Cat from Downing Street? have 323 words, post on nypost.com at July 26, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.