HALF MOON BAY — Authorities are urging caution after great white sharks were sighted off the San Mateo County coast Thursday.
Multiple pilots reported seeing the sharks, which were spotted between the Ritz Carlton and Pillar Point in Half Moon Bay, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office.
“If visiting the area please use caution,” the sheriff’s office said in a tweet Thursday afternoon.
Great White Sharks seen in #HalfMoonBay.
If visiting the area please use caution. ⚠️
— San Mateo County S.O (@SMCSheriff) July 11, 2019
Check back for updates.
- Great white sharks spotted at Half Moon Bay
- Great white sharks spotted swimming in Half Moon Bay
- Great white shark spotted off coast of Pacifica
- 'It looked into my eyes': Surfer recounts close call with 18-foot great white shark at Mavericks
- Aptos kayaker falls into water with great white shark
- Dead great white shark washes ashore on Aptos beach
- Great white shark sneaks up on California kayaker fishing for halibut
- Jet skier evacuates surfers after great white shark encounter
- Great white shark sighting reported in Half Moon Bay