Health Notes appears on a space-available basis, free for nonprofits. Listings appear at the discretion of The Gazette. Email information at least two weeks in advance: [email protected].
ADA Celebration Luncheon and Workshop — Hosted by The Independence Center, 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. July 26, Hotel Elegante, 2886 S. Circle Drive, free. Reservations: 476-3160, tinyurl.com/y4hdj3d4.
American Heroes Car Show — To benefit the Disabled American Veterans Charity, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 15, PFC Floyd K. Lindstrom VA Outpatient Clinic, 3141 Centennial Blvd., free admission. $30 to show car, $20 to show motorcycle; aceent1.com.
Colorado Women in Blues — To benefit Step Up for Autism, National WiB and Pikes Peak Blues Community, 7:30-11:30 p.m. July 26, Sunshine Studios Live, 3970 Clearview Frontage Road, $10-$13. Tickets: sunshinestudioslive.com.
Night of Comedy — To benefit Special Kids Special Families, 6-9 p.m. Oct. 12, Marriott Colorado Springs, 5580 Tech Center Drive, $65 through Sept. 14, $75 after Sept. 14. Tickets: sksfcolorado.org/event/noc.
Old Colorado City Car Show — To benefit the Alzheimer’s Association, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 18, Bancroft Park, 2408 W. Colorado Ave., $35 per car, free admission. Register car: aceent1.com.
PILLAR — Registration: 633-4991, pillarinstitute.org.
• The New Normal: Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll in Retirement, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Area Agency on Aging, 14 S. Chestnut St., free.
• Holistic Health, 1-3 p.m. Aug. 1, PILLAR Office, 1710 Briargate Blvd., $25-$40.
• Hospice: It’s Not What You Think, 10 a.m.-noon Aug. 8, PILLAR Office, 1710 Briargate Blvd., $25-$40.
Plotting and Planning: Advance Care Planning — Hosted by Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 21, Swan-Law Funeral Directors, 501 N. Cascade Ave., free. Registration: tinyurl.com/y2j62fol.
Shrimp Boil — To benefit Cheyenne Village, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 2, County Club of Colorado, 125 Clubhouse Drive, $100. Reservations required by July 26: Robin Whitten, 572-7488, cheyennevillage.org.
St. Jude Walk/Run — Sept. 21, Weidner Field, 6303 Barnes Road. Cost and registration: tinyurl.com/y5axfpgz.
Stop the Bleed — Bleeding-control basics classes, free. Registration: bleedingcontrol.org.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. or 3-4 p.m. Friday, St. Francis Medical Center, 6001 E. Woodmen Road.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. or 3-4 p.m. Aug. 16, Penrose Hospital Pavilion, 2312 N. Nevada Ave.
- Colorado Springs area wellness events starting Sept. 10
- Colorado Springs area wellness events starting Oct. 29
- Colorado Springs area stage events starting Sept. 12
- Colorado Springs area volunteer opportunities starting Oct. 29
- Colorado Springs area home and garden events starting Aug. 10
- Colorado Springs apartment rents jump to another record high in third quarter
- Weather: Flash flash warning issued for Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs survived Round No. 1 of snow, with two rounds to go by Wednesday
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs to hold three-day Grain School in January
- 2 killed in charter bus crash on I-25 south of Colorado Springs