DAVENPORT, Iowa — President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden repeatedly laid into each other while traveling Tuesday in the battleground state of Iowa, unleashing verbal attacks that at times felt more appropriate for the final weeks before Election Day than a lazy summer about 17 months before voters go to the polls. The back-and-forth laid bare the rising political stakes for each man, even with the election about 17 months away. Trump has zeroed in on Biden as a threat to his reelection chances and is testing themes to keep him at bay. Biden, meanwhile, is campaigning as a front-runner with near-universal name recognition, relishing the fight with Trump while trying to ensure he doesn’t ignore the demands of the crowded Democratic primary. “People don’t respect him,” Trump said of Biden after touring a renewable energy facility in Council Bluffs. “Even the people that he’s running against, they’re saying: ‘Where is he? What happened?'” With a dose of exaggeration, the president added: “He makes his stance in Iowa once every two weeks and then he mentions my name 74 times in one speech. I don’t know. That reminds me of Crooked Hillary. She did the same thing.”… Read full this story
- More People Think Donald Trump Will Win 2020 Election Over Democratic Nominee, Poll Shows
- Trump administration unveils new plan for notifying public on 2020 election interference
- Elizabeth Warren Responds To Concerns She Will Be 'Hillary'd' In 2020 Election: 'You Persist'
- On Biden, Trump and Ukraine 2020 Democrats walk a fine line, as they eye the field’s current front-runner status
- Trump scandal: Ukraine fears it could become Russia of 2020 election
- Prof: If Bloomberg Nominated, He Would Have Very Good Chance of Beating Trump in 2020 Elections
- Impeachment Nonsense: All Democrats Want is to Hurt US, With Only 2020 Election in Mind - Trump
- Trump Says Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bloomberg 'Will Fail' in 2020 Election
- Democrat Contender Andrew Yang Crowd Surfs at 2020 Election Event: 'Now This is What I Call a Blue Wave'
- Trump Says to Possibly File Lawsuits Against Individuals Involved in Mueller Probe
Biden, Trump trade jabs in possible 2020 election preview have 354 words, post on www.startribune.com at June 11, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.