Donald Trump took a trip to my hometown Tuesday to hail an enormous liquefied natural gas facility on the Calcasieu River south of Lake Charles, La. A lot of hot air accompanied him. I took note, as others did, of his derogatory remarks about renewable energy. Louisiana is eroding into the Gulf of Mexico thanks to the petrochemical industry’s degradation of coastal wetlands. Better still, he was appearing at a facility of Sempra Energy, which had made a huge investment in renewable energy, wind-generated particularly. It’s true they just sold those assets last month, but, get this: They were sold to American Electric Power, once the country’s biggest coal burner. AEP is moving as rapidly as it can to a more sustainable path in energy production. A popular local note was Trump’s bloviation that he’d deliver Lake Charles a new Interstate 10 bridge over the Calcasieu River if he’s re-elected. Talk is cheap. This bridge isn’t. The local chamber of commerce recently estimated it would cost a half-billion dollars. If the Arkansas Department of Transportation experience on the I-30 bridge replacement in Little Rock is a guide, the actual figure is more like a billion.Personal note: The sight of that… Read full this story
- Final pictures of British mother, 48, who died in hot air balloon ride
- 3 People Injured When Hot Air Balloon Hits Power Line Near Yountville
- Brit mum died in horror hot air balloon accident that saw her hurled out of the basket on holiday-of-a-lifetime
- SW Louisiana Hot Air Balloon Festival July 19-20
- AMANDA PLATELL: Helicopters, hot air... and hypocrisy of Prince Harry
- Weekend fun around Phoenix: Hot-air balloons and 3 arts festivals
- Weekend fun: Hot-air balloons, dog street fair, Native art and culture, Old West lore
- Is hot-air ballooning safe? Yes. More or less ...
- Your Hair Struggles Are Over Thanks To This Magical Hot Air Brush
- BREAKING: Trump, ag nation coming to Louisiana
Trump blows hot air in Southwest Louisiana have 335 words, post on arktimes.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.