President Trump says Joe Biden should be investigated over a conservative author’s allegations that his son Hunter Biden pocketed millions from the Chinese government in a shady business deal.
“One-hundred percent. It’s a disgrace. And then he says China’s not a competitor of ours. China is a massive competitor of ours. They want to take over the world,” the president told Steve Hilton of Fox News Channel’s “The Next Revolution.”
In his 2018 book, “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends,” author Peter Schweizer charged that Hunter was cashing in while then-veep Biden was negotiating with China.
“The vice president is negotiating a bunch of very sensitive issues with the Chinese, including the South China Sea, trade, tech transfer, etc. Shortly after they return to the US, Hunter Biden’s firm receives a $1 billion private equity deal from the Chinese government We have no way of knowing how much Rosemont made on the deal because there are no disclosure requirements,” he wrote.
Biden and his partners denied Schweizer’s account and accused him of writing politically motivated hit pieces.
- Trump attacks Biden, slams impeachment probe at Minn. rally
- Trump attacks Biden, slams impeachment probe
- Trump defends Rudy Giuliani after report of federal probe for Ukraine dealings
- Few Republicans stand against Trump’s call for China to probe Bidens
- Trump tries to make impeachment a political asset at campaign rally
- Trump blasts Bidens at first campaign rally since start of impeachment probe
- Trump's efforts to discredit Joe Biden backfired on him. Will they hurt the former VP anyway?
- As Trump attacks intensify, Biden supporters stand firm - for now
- Trump's negotiators are unlikely to bring up Biden probe request in trade talks