STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — A report of shots fired Friday afternoon prompted a large emergency response in Port Richmond.
Police officers responded to the intersection of Nicholas Avenue and Richmond Terrace at around 3:10 p.m., according to an NYPD spokesman
A window in the basement of 2298 Richmond Terr. appeared to be hit by a bullet, and officers could be seen inside the house searching for evidence.
An NYPD spokesman confirmed that the incident caused property damage, but said there was no report of any injuries.
A resident of Nicholas Avenue who asked that he only be identified as William, said he heard “four or five” gunshots. They sounded like “pops,” he said.
While conducting an investigation, police cordoned off a portion of Richmond Terrace.
According to emergency radio transmissions, police are searching for a white vehicle and a gray vehicle in connection with the incident.
The investigation remains ongoing, an NYPD spokesman said.
- NYPD investigates shots fired in Port Richmond
- Boy, 2, killed in Port Richmond dog attack
- Cops respond to report of shots fired; suspect fled in Mercedes
- Man shot in Staten Island after pointing gun at police, sources said
- Reputed gang member charged in fight that sparked panic at Staten Island Mall
- The contenders flex, the also-rans diminish, and not a lot has changed
- Five Pit Bulls Maul Philadelphia Toddler to Death
- Nigeria: 58 Fake Universities Operating At the Moment in Nigeria, Says NUC
- Seven hot takes from AFL Round 12