An ongoing drug investigation in Holyoke sent local, state and federal law enforcement to a Willow Street apartment Thursday, where they arrested one man and seized heroin, Suboxone, drug paraphernalia and more than $27,000 in cash.
Holyoke Police spokesman Lt. James Albert said 27-year-old Gilbert Camacho, Jr., of 14 Willow St., was taken into custody as city narcotics detectives, the Massachusetts State Police Special Tactical Operations team, the FBI’s Western Mass. Gang Task Force and agents from the DEA, the U.S. Marshal’s Service, the federal ATF and members of the Hampden County Narcotics Task Force executed a search warrant on Gamacho’s apartment.
Albert said reports of gunfire in the Willow Street area in early May led police to investigate. Detectives recovered spent shell casings and discovered ballistic damage to property in the area, specifically at 14 Willow St.
Albert said police found 37.5 grams of heroin — enough to charge Gamacho with trafficking in heroin. Police also found five strips of Suboxone, a Class B substance, along with various pieces of drug paraphernalia, an electronic money counter and more than $27,00 in cash.
Gamacho was arraigned in Holyoke District Court Friday.
- Police arrest Holyoke man for drug trafficking after finding heroin, cocaine, meth and more in apartment
- Murder probe police arrest second man after teenager found stabbed in street
- Police arrest NH man for assault over sippy cup
- Hamden police arrest Stratford man for stealing power tools from K and J Tree Removal
- Police arrest Derby man after chase
- Bow and Concord police arrest same man hours apart
- Police arrest second man over the murder of girl scout Jodie Chesney
- Police arrest seventh man in connection with alleged Normanby murder
- State police arrest Bridgeport man on weapon charges